Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Yippee!

Today, the 29th of April, marks one month of owning my beautiful girl, Baylee! I love her so much and even though we have had some bumps in the road, I'm pretty confident that we will get through this hard time and have a long journey together. We've made some progress during this month but not as much as I would hope. I am getting some books and DVDs by clinton anderson, Stacy westfall, Chris cox, and John Lyons so hopefully once I study up on all their different methods, I will be able to further advance Baylee in her training. My plan is to practically restart her and teach her ground manners and do LOTS of ground work with her to gain her respect and trust so that when I feel it's time for me to get back on her, all that respect will transfer right into the saddle. Love you my baby girl <3

6 comments:

  1. I really admire your hope and good attitude about this. Baylee is beautiful and I wish you success :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ that last comment was by me, A.D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks A.D. It's hard but I've been try to keep from getting discouraged. My dad has recently been talking of getting a different horse instead so I just have to keep my head up and keep working and praying that we will stay together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on one month! Keep it up and don't get discouraged. It sounds like you are making some great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever since you bought Baylee i've loved her lol You are making really good progress with her!

    ReplyDelete