Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dover

Last week I ordered a couple of items from Dover Saddlery. And I'm so excited because they arrived today! I have been wanting a new bridle for Mya, and I wanted to get an english one. Well as they say third times a charm, right? Because thats how many english bridles I've ended up with. The first one was too small. It didn't fit my horse very well. The second one fit nicely but sadly the reins broke last week. (that one was a used bridle) I was concerned that the actual bridle part would break, so I figured I had better just buy a new one. I did some research and settled on the Suffolk Bridle from Dover Saddlery. It seemed to be the most well made bridle for a smaller price. After I opened my package today I was pleased with what I saw. The leather looked nice and it was supple. The noseband and browband were also padded which I liked. (and I think my horse will too!) The funny thing was that it came in several pieces which meant I had to put it together myself. It was a bit like a puzzle. I had never assembled a bridle before. But once I got it put together it looked great. I can't wait to be able to try it out on Mya tomorrow. I'll make sure to take a picture! The second thing that I ordered was a white english saddle pad. I needed a plain white one for showing this summer. This one was on sale so I thought I might as well go ahead and order it. I wanted to get a colored one as well for schooling (I wanted the Mint Green one), but they were out of stock. So I just got the white one. I like it, and I think it will work nicely. So anyways I'm happy that my package came today, and I can't wait to see how Mya likes the new bridle.


~Alassea

4 comments:

  1. You'll love the bridle, trust me. Suffolk is a great brand. I am also getting that bridle and the mint green saddle pad soon. They go back in stock sometime in July.
    -Tay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha most English bridles come disassembled

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great bridle!

    - A.D.

    ReplyDelete