Friday, April 18, 2014

Riding Lesson

I had a riding lesson today. For my lessons I ride an Arabian mare named Night. I think she's Anglo Arabian or something like that. But I really like riding her. She is a sensitive and quick horse which I like. Night is also very sweet. Anyways we are preparing for a schooling show which is in a couple of weeks. I am pretty excited about it. This will only be the second show I have ever done and the first english show. The reason I am taking riding lessons is because I wanted to learn to ride english. You know posting, jumping, etc. I learned to ride on western horses. (which I like western too) I'm just an all around type person in general so I wanted to learn everything including english stuff. But anyways I'm loving learning it and I'm excited to be able to be in my first english show in a couple of weeks. I will be riding Night in the show and we are entering several classes. Just walk, trot, and pole work classes though. I have only been riding english since October and we haven't started jumping yet. Today in my lesson my instructor had me on a lunge line so we could focus on my balance and posture. We practiced two-point quite a bit. I really needed that. Doing it over poles was fun. I'm learning to find my balance, and then I can start jumping. (yay!) We also did some no stirrup work at the trot. That is always a good workout. All together it was I great lesson. I think I learned a lot. :)





~Alassea

3 comments: