Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Ride on Dixie

Today, 5/14/14, I rode Dixie, my Palomino Quarter Horse. In since it had been a while after I had last ridden her, we were both a little nervous. So I got on her, then we circled and walked up to the top west pasture. There, we met Skeeter. Dixie and Skeeter are BFF. It's like Dixie can't live without her. Even though Skeeter is much older than her, they love each other. So we kind of strolled along until we reached the bond bank. Then Dixie turned around and sniffed Skeeter's belly. Skeeter must have smelled weird or something, because Dixie tossed her head, snorted, and reared. I stayed on, and it really wasn't that hard. I just said, "Whoa!", gripped some mane, and leaned forward. Then, as soon as she landed, I got off. I'm okay, and she is, too, but I'm going to continue to work with her. Part of the reason might have been that she was a little jittery from the sweet feed I used to catch her. So, that was what my ride was like today! Sorry that my brother couldn't get pictures, but I think that you guys get the picture lol. So, from my own personal experience, I would much rather have a horse rear while I'm on him than buck!                    

- A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment