Tuesday, May 13, 2014

First Rodeo of the Season

...was actually at the end of April, but better late then never, right?
It was at a venue about an hour away from my house, so Friday, April 25th, we packed up and headed over for the 7 o clock rodeo. When we got there, I got registered and warmed up, then the rodeo started and I carried the rodeo's flag. After the old queens, flags and bull riders paraded, it was time for barrels - pro, novice, senior, junior, and pee-wee. I'm a junior, so I had quite a while to prepare. As I caught up with some rodeo friends, we discussed the thing on everyone's minds - the quality of the sand in the arena. It was almost a foot deep, and more then one horse crashed and burned. I went at the very end of my division and my run was awful - I looped wide, tripped multiple times, and almost knocked a barrel. But somehow, I placed third, bringing home a check for $40. We went home, and the next night, Saturday, we came back and - yes! - they'd taken out eight inches of sand. Everyone ran better that night, including me. I came home with second place and $60, and yeah overall the rodeo went really well for me c:

Ready to go Sev?

1 comment:

  1. Nice!!! Glad you did so well :) Sev is so handsome <333

    - A.D.

    ReplyDelete